Bad Girls offers workshops, discussion groups, social events, play parties, and online community. With all the opportunities for kinky socializing in Portland, we know that community with other kinky women is still a rare and delightful thing. Your support of Bad Girls helps strengthen the community of leatherwomen in Portland.
Here’s what Bad Girls get:
- Discounts to our educational workshops: participatory, engaging, and fun for novices and veteran players alike
- Members-only secure discussion groups on topics of special interest
(as an example, the Leather History Reading Group is active now)
- Participation on the members’ mailing list
- Discounted admission to our play parties, camp-outs, and any other social events that charge admission
- Opportunity to purchase Bad Girls merchandise to signal your membership
- Merchant discounts (when available)
- The oppportunity to vote in elections that affect the future of the club, and run for office or serve as a coordinator for a project
A Basic membership ($20/year) provides all of the preceding.
A Premium membership ($50/year) provides more significant discounts; some members choose it simply to support the club, and others because if you attend all FOUR of our workshop/party events it pays for itself.
Our Associate membership ($10/year) is the same as the Basic membership; members are eligible when they live 50+ miles outside Portland.
There are also “friends of the club” relationships in specific circumstances.
How to join Bad Girls:
- Attend a New Member Orientation and Safety & Etiquette Workshop. As orientation is vital to the understanding each person has for the expectations of, duties to, and benefits from the club, it is mandatory. Orientation sessions and Safety & Etiquette workshops are offered together quarterly. New Member Orientation will give you opportunity to ask questions and get a good sense of who we are and how you fit in.
- Complete an application and sign a wavier of liability.
- Show valid ID. This is required to verify all members are at least 18 years old. And have signed paperwork with their legal name.
- Pay your dues.
Note: Membership information is used for organizational purposes only and will not be sold, traded, or given to anyone.
Annual Dues (March-February)
Dues are set and adjusted, as needed, by the Board. Members joining during the orientations in March and June will pay full membership fees. Members joining during the orientations in September and December will pay 50% of the full membership fees. The membership year is from March 1 though the last day of February in the following year.
Bad Girls offers need-based dues payment arrangements and scholarships for Basic memberships as well as the annual Tommie Spilmon Memorial Scholarship for one premium membership. For more information on these need-based options, contact email@example.com.